>

Antique arm chair


AFTER

1920s oak and cane armchair on its original castors. It was in a poorly state when I first got it, and I was rather scared to start it! It was actually the second really detailed piece of upholstery work I had done at this stage. 

BEFORE




Everything was stripped off it ready for painting

After a good clean and a light sand the undercoat goes on

Next is the top coat - Spanish White



It was NOT easy painting the cane work!



Some nice soft polyester wadding came next 

Followed by some stiff, crisp calico

I used a cotton drill for the upholtery

It was stapled down securily

The black piping made all the difference!

A lovely soft cushion for comfort

And the castors are put back on



1 comment:

papasan chair cushion said...

Wow! it looks so elegant and classy. I love it.:)