>

Oak Extension Table with 4 chairs

Oak is such a lovely homely wood which I adore. I have refurbished a few items in this lovely timber and the rich grain still never fails to amaze me. I brought this dining suite mainly for the impressive turned legs of the table, but the whole set is gorgeous.

The table top had a lot of heat & water marks which have been removed... what a difference just doing that made!

Now look at that grain.... wow.  Warm and delicious like steam pud and custard. hmmmm. The fabric is a chocolate brown with turquoise floral designs. I tried several different fabrics but this one was the best by far. Lovely. I've used this fabric before in this project here.

The wood itself has been cleaned down, stripped off, re-stained and re-polished. All of the photos here were taken before the final coat of protective varnish... so lets say it is wayyyyy better in real life. :)





The carving on the chair backs are subtle and understated, just the right balance for this table. I can just imagine the furniture maker with his hammer and chisel...




We have a very similar table to this in our dining room. But its no where near as good as this! This set is full of friggin-awesome-ness!




SORRY SOLD

~~~
Check out my other items for sale
See samples in my Gallery page
Email me for commissions or enquiries
Like me on Facebook
~~~




1 comment:

Kids Furniture said...

Oak extension table with 4 chairs. Good post