>

Wooden Furniture Plugs - TUTORIAL

I've been asked a couple of times how I remove those fiddly little wooden plugs in one piece without damaging the furniture wood. The simple answer is I don't. For the sake of a few dollars for new ones, it is NOT WORTH damaging beautiful oak or mahogany timber trying to save them.



Still, removing them without scratching or gouging the wood is a bit tricky, but easy when you know how. All you need is a flat head screwdriver, hammer and some long nose pliers.



First hammer the screwdriver right down the centre of the plug several times making a big cross.... a bit like cutting a cake. Hammer it as far down as it will go then give the screwdriver a wiggle (using all the professional, technical terms today, lol).



Then simply pick out the pieces with the long nose pliers.



The finished result is clean and damage free. Yes!



~~~
Check out my other items for sale
See samples in my Gallery page
Email me for commissions or enquiries
Like me on Facebook
~~~




No comments: