>

Tray & Display Crate

We all love boxes and crates, and this one is just adorable.

Its also the first thing I've made from wood since I had CTS surgery on both hands a few weeks ago. Triumph!!! Every day I manage to do more and more stuff... there's nothing more depressing than being unable to use your power tools don't you think.

Back to this wee little crate.



As a tray it would make a great fruit bowl, tea tray, bread basket or snack divider. Or maybe fill it with small hand towels and soaps for the bathroom. 

Speaking of the bathroom, it can also be wall mounted if you were that way inclined, and popped on the bathroom wall for all your smellies. Or on the kitchen wall for your spices & condiments. Or rest it on an desk to store your pen jar, stapler and photos. 

The possibilities are endless and I could be here all day!

I upcycled it from a pair of vintage drawers. The fronts of the drawers were  a great dimension for this project so a tray/display was the only thing I could imagine them to be.

I finished it off in white with a heavy hand on the sandpaper to distress it. The paint then got a  double glaze effect in first black and then burnt umber. This layering looks great with the distressing and texture of the wood... I'm very pleased with it! :)

I hand painted the type "Fresh Produce" on both sides too so it looks great from both sides when using as a tray. See I thought of everything today! 






~~~
Check out my other items for sale 
See samples in my Gallery page
Email me for commissions or enquiries
Like me on Facebook
~~~




1 comment:

Vintage Paints said...

Love your tray! How cute---I can think of a million uses, too!